Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, May 12, 2012

All-American Apple Pie Made with Granny Smith Apples


There is nothing like homemade apple pie.  I build my apple pie with granny smith apples.  The tarter the apples, the tastier your pie is.  I soften a full stick of butter within the middle of the crust.  This makes the pie even a lot of delicious. I actually have been using this recipe for over six years.  Everytime I build this pie, relying upon how tart my apples are, it perpetually style wonderful. I actually have not tasted a apple pie that wasn't created with granny smith apples. i used to be taught that granny smith apples, are the most effective apples, and no alternative apple can do to form an awesome pie. When coring the apples, i take advantage of a daily , sharp knife to chop out the center.  I do have a apple core, however I typically notice it easier to use a pointy knife. I cut my apples in tiny items in order that they can cowl the lowest layer of the crust.  I additionally add slightly a lot of cinnamon than the recipe necessitate as a result of i like cinnamon. once i buy everything all split, I pour the apples into the bowl with the dry ingredients and shake the bowl with the apples in it.  After, I take the apples and pour them into the lowest layer of the crust. once I cut the additional layers off of the crust, I place butter,sugar, and cinnamon on them and bake them yet. the most effective half regarding creating the pie, is smelling it within the oven because it is cooking. you'll smell it throughout the complete house.  Here is my recipe:

Ingredients:

6 medium cooking spples (granny smith)

3/4 cup granulated sugar

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon cinnamon.

1 tbls of butter

Glaze: one egg white, gently overwhelmed

2 teaspoons granulated sugar

Directions:

Heat oven to four hundred degrees.  Pare, core, and slice apples.  Toss with sugar, flour, and cinnamon. turn out to be flour, and dot with butter.  Moisten the perimeters with water, cowl with the highest crust.  Seal and flute edges.  Brush the highest crust with the egg white glaze.  Cut slits for steam.  Bake at four hundred degrees for 30-40 minutes till the pie is brown and apples are tender.

0 comments:

Post a Comment